Just Because
Elvis Presley Lyrics


Well, well, well
Just because you think you're so pretty
And just because your momma thinks you're hot
Well, just because you think you've got something
That no other girl has got
You've caused me to spend all my money
You laughed and called me old Santa Claus
Well, I'm telling you
Baby, I'm through with you
Because, well well, just because

Well, well, well
There'll come a time when you'll be lonesome
And there'll come a time when you'll be blue
Well, there'll come a time when old Santa
He won't pay your bills for you

You've caused me to lose all my women
And now, now you say we are through
Well, I'm telling you
Baby, I was through with you
A long long time ago

Well, just because you think you're so pretty
And just because your mama thinks you're the hottest thing in town
Well, just because you think you've got something
That nobody else has got
You've caused me to spend all of my money
Honey, you laughed and called me your old Santa Claus
Well, I'm telling you I'm through with you
Because, well well, just because

Lyrics © Peermusic Publishing, Warner Chappell Music, Inc.
Written by: MAURICE D. DAVID COMMANDER, RODNEY G. MASSEY, JERLINE O. SHELTON

Lyrics Licensed & Provided by LyricFind
To comment on specific lyrics, highlight them
Genre not found
Artist not found
Album not found
Song not found
Most interesting comment from YouTube:

Lawrence Brown

This recording along with that's all right mama
Has been responsible for dozens of the greatest rock n roll stars...
They were inebriated by early Elvis records
The Beatles
Prince
And countless others.
As a songwriter
These Sun recordings energized my musical soul and I was able to write some of the most recorded songs in history
Thank you ELVIS
Scotty and Bill Black
L.Russell Brown



All comments from YouTube:

Frank Zgrabik

Best Rock N Roll polka of all time - The King was exceptional on this album

Rasher Quivers

Check out Conway Twitty's version

markybgoode

I was really struck by JUST BECAUSE. The solo features some incredible noteworthy highlights such as Chet Atkins finger style chops, chromatically moving parallel thirds combined with a stationary E note as a sort of pedal point. I recognized this as a technique that George Harrison later used in HELP.

John Sydney Wright

Similar to MotherMaybelle style of playing,though she predeeded him... Both legendary players, though she is criminally overlooked and underrated,IMHO

John Sydney Wright

Ol' Chet didn't think much of his future King, when Elvis first came to RCA...rven saying that Elvis was a fad.....

gAQr7

Scotty Moore is credited as the electric guitrar player by most sources. Everybody keep two things in mind. While this track was released on RCA, it was recorded at Sun. In fact, wasn't Good Rockin Tonight recorded  at this same session? And Chet Atkins, as well as Merle Travis,  was an influence on Scotty's style of playing. Without those two, we might never have heard a sound like this.

Robert Huge

most of this album was recorded at Sun.

Francesco Alcozer

While today - in 2019 - we find excellent guitarists all over the world, in that period of the late 50s and early 60s, 90% of famous guitarists were American from the USA and the remaining 10% belonged to the rest of the world. Therefore, I don't think Scotty Moore needed other lessons to play well. Greetings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbWv08-xTDs +BLUEBERRY HILL* Elvis Presley Guitar Solo Version

Lawrence Brown

This recording along with that's all right mama
Has been responsible for dozens of the greatest rock n roll stars...
They were inebriated by early Elvis records
The Beatles
Prince
And countless others.
As a songwriter
These Sun recordings energized my musical soul and I was able to write some of the most recorded songs in history
Thank you ELVIS
Scotty and Bill Black
L.Russell Brown

Jacob Blackburn

@YanksPride1 nice

More Comments

More Videos