Easy To Please
Drake Feat. Richie Sosa Lyrics
Jump to: Overall Meaning ↴ Interesting Facts ↴
Me and sos we from two different walks of life
Usually we understand theres a problem we don't talk to vice
The watch is yellowy-green thas sum awkward ice
I never signed for a mill' but been offered twice
I'm awful nice, lyrics that I often write
Inspire no-talent rappers to get off the mic
And I could pick you up from work when you get off tonight
I flow so cool like autumn nights
When I body this, tell me if the coffin's light
But don't try and tell me that a dolphins white
Mislead drake that is not at all polite
It's a shame cause that's how the biz goes
Imagine if these other niggas flop and his blows
Bet I get a co-sign somethin like no time
They'll be trynna sub a nigga in like Quizno's
All I need is sum weight, my scale, sum money for bail
A lil booth at the club for the whole cartel
Nigga my drink, my smoke, a bird on E
And somethin heavy on my waist man I'm easy to please
I need my moms, my pa, a bottle of cliqua
The whole ATF you know who we are
My women, my money, and leave me the keys
Of somethin fast and I'm good man I'm easy to please
I never lived in a fancy house
I grew up where the guns pop and the chopper
spray your block
But I never let the street life darken my thoughts
Just let the pen soak the ink up and talk
And I'm good at that, matter fact I'm the best in town
Got people telling me I should point my chest around
But I stay low key, never lookin to impress a clown
And every time I'm in the booth it's like a weapons round
So please don't try to step to me
I punch lines like Ali and have you gasping for breath, you see
And I don't need all the flash and the jewelry
Just a couple real friends and some good smoke at the end of the day, you see
These lyrics are about Drake and Richie Sosa's contrasting backgrounds and how they still manage to get along despite their differences. The song talks about how their different personalities make them an unlikely pair but they still have a mutual respect for each other. Drake mentions that he's been offered millions, yet he remains humble and "awful nice." He also talks about how his lyrics inspire other rappers who may not have as much talent.
The chorus of the song talks about how easy it is to please Drake, despite his success. He lists off the things that make him happy, including his family, friends, and simple luxuries like a good drink or a fast car. Overall, the song is about appreciating the little things in life and not getting caught up in material possessions or ego.
Note: This section uses generative AI, which can be inaccurate.
• "Easy to Please" was initially released as a freestyle in 2007 before it was officially released on a mixtape in 2011.
• The beat was produced by Omen, who has also produced tracks for J. Cole and Lil Wayne.
• The song samples "East of Underground" by Smiling Faces in the chorus.
• The lyrics "I punch lines like Ali" is a reference to the legendary boxer Muhammad Ali.
• This song is one of Drake's earliest collaborations with another rapper.
• The song was initially titled "I'm Easy."
• The song did not chart on any major charts when it was released.
• The song's chorus bears a strong resemblance to the chorus of Kanye West's "Can't Tell Me Nothing."
• The song was featured on the mixtapes "Room for Improvement" and "Heartbreak Drake" before its official release.
• Richie Sosa was an up-and-coming rapper at the time of the song's release and has since been quiet on the music scene.
Chords: Unfortunately unavailable at the moment.
Lyrics © O/B/O APRA AMCOS
Written by: Aubrey Graham
Lyrics Licensed & Provided by LyricFind